Friday, 20 June 2008

"I love this jungle city"

Sarajevo, December 27th.

We have to say goodbye for now. Matteo's love is coming to town, so he found a room in Baščaršija for both. It's a lovely hostel near Sebilj, ruled by the most alcoholic man in the world. As I am closing the door, I took a look at the living room. Empty bottles of Vranac, Sarajevo navigators, some wrinkled t-shirts, full ashtrays... rests of an intense week. (It's the beginning of a beautiful friendship, you know...)

It's cold, damn cold. It has been snowing from Christmas eve. We walked down the stairs, trying not to slip. We arrived to the crossroads between Splitska and Radnička. We hug and say see you later, call me when you're free. He took Splitska and I took Radnička, the opposite direction.

Ten minutes later, I am near my office, listening to some music. A yellow taxi passes by me, and I see someone waving inside. I take a second look and I see a mop of dark curly hair. It's Matteo, and he's waving at me. Inside a yellow taxi in Grbavica. I wave to him, while he's reading in my face: "What the hell are you doing here? You should be in Baščaršija now".

Five minutes later, I'm having a coffee in Caffe Centar. And I receive an sms which I still keep in my mobile. It goes like this:

" Don't worry, I'm not paying now. Cabdriver has to take his wife at home. I'll start to pay in Zagrebačka. I love this jungle city".

Samir found me laughing and ordered another coffee for him.


OST Šaban Bajramović - Đelem đelem

4 comments:

gemika said...

Surprise!!! my zoul!! :*

S. said...

Hello! I just want to say : thanks! Your blog is a touching tribute to my hometown. Lijepi pozdrav!

scerto said...

i'll never forget that day, man

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!