Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Brand new world

Don't worry, guys. I'm fine. I just was on holidays. But now I'm back in my belowed Sarajevo.

It's been almost a month since my last post and many things had happened in the Balkans while I was having a great time in Dominican Republic and Spain.

Denis, 16, was killed in a tram near Holiday Inn. For no special reason, some guys stabbed him among all the people that were there. It was around 3pm. That caused the biggest civil protests in Sarajevo from the war times. And that happened on February 9th, while I was walking around Madrid with my sister.

I was swimming in the Caribbean when Kosovo declared the independence from Serbia. I was happy although I had a hangover of the wedding the day before. I obviously didn't care about the rest of the world on that day.

I saw on TV how some Serbian nationalists burned American and Croatian embassies in Belgrade. I was having dinner with my parents, and my father asked me if that was the city where I live in. That's Serbia, dad, not Bosnia. He just nod and keep on eating.

It seems that many things have changed during the last weeks. I closed a cycle and I started a brand new one. Just like the Balkans: Kosovo's independence closes a circle that was opened with the Kosovo Albanians protests during the 80's and continued with the Balkan wars in the 90's.


OST Beirut - Elephant gun

(Dedicated to the happy just married guys, and all my friends from Alejandro Bass. I just love you so much. Now... ¿cómo lo hacemos?)

No comments: