Wednesday, 5 March 2008

Mister Sarajevo (Becoming a local celebrity)

I was only a week at home, but I didn't waste my time.

First of all, I was with my family. I saw them after for the first time after 3 months. It really charged my batteries. Especially knowing that I'm gonna be an uncle soon!

I also saw some friends. You're great, guys. Thanks for being there for me once more.

Besides, I started a bright career as a local media star. First of all, I was interviewed in a local radio emission, along with European volunteers who are in my city now. We all shared our personal experiences as a part of European Voluntary Service. It was funny to see that no matter what are you doing, where do you come from or where are you working, we all have been through the same states of mind in the same period.

Apart from this, I am glad because for the first time someone has dedicated me a post on his blog. It only could be one of my most loyal fans, Jose Luis from Carafur. The post it's called "Mister Sarajevo" and it's in Spanish. But if you can't read it, at least you can check the Miss Sarajevo clip he add there. This song was recorded by U2 in 1995, and it talks about a beauty contest held during the war in the besieged Sarajevo. In fact the winner was crowned Miss Besieged Sarajevo. And all of this happened in a place where the sound of mortars and snipers shots where the everyday soundtrack. Where crossing the street was risking your life.

Here you have another evidence of the bravery of Sarajevans. That was a time for beauty queens too. Now it's time to enjoy life. And Sarajevo knows how to do it.





(Thank you Jose Luis).

(Dedicated to everyone that lived in Sarajevo during the siege).

2 comments:

Jose Luis said...

You´re welcome!

Que risas nos echemos...que risas...ya nunca más seremos espai boys & girls porque el IVAJ se ha ido de la Concejalía...

So I would have to improve my english now to be understood!

Mar y yo estamos viendo vuelos para ir a verte y que nos presentes a Miss Sarajevo 2008 como poco...a ver que pasa! Ya te cuento!

Cuidesemele!

Jose Luis said...

10 dias sin actualizar...

Me preocupo o no?

^^