Tuesday, 8 January 2008

Two months ago...

... I was flying from Madrid to Viena with a bunch of feelings and expectations in my head. My last destination would be Sarajevo, in the heart of the Balkans. Few hours later, I've landed in Bosnia. I remember that I was smiling like a child with a new shiny toy in his hand. A toy that is going to last at least one year.

But when all that started? And why am I here, in Bosnia?

Well, we could say that all started exactly one year ago. On January 7th I quited my job and I've decided that I will be a volunteer in the European Voluntary Service programme. So I started searching randomly by places, countries, cities... and I've found the perfect place and the perfect project for me: Sarajevo, crossroads between East and West. And the project: working in the Secretariat of a network of Balkan NGOs called South East European Youth Network (SEEYN).

But Bosnia? Sarajevo? Is there a war there? For further information about this special place, keep on reading this blog!


OST Gloria Gaynor - I will survive (Radio Sarajevo)

No comments: