Thursday, 24 January 2008

You must see: 10 minuta (10 minutes) by Ahmed Imamović

This week has been a mess. Some cha-cha-cha-cha-changes: I've decided to move to another flat, running away from my psychopath landlady, I have a ticket back to Spain and another to Gema's wedding in Dominican Republic. Basically, it's that. I didn't have time to think about updating my popular blog, or in the few free moments I've had I was too tired and lazy to write in this beautiful language.

I have many subjects to talk about: I still didn't write the weekend in Split's chronicle (January 12th-14th), or about the Sarajevo Anarcho-Punk festival that took place last weekend.

Some other fresh news: tomorrow I'm seeing again the sweet dudes I've met in Crikvenica (Croatia), at the on-arrival training that was last December. But the most important thing is where will I meet them: in the capital of the Kingdom of Hercegovina, Mostar! I can't wait to see the Stari Most (old bridge) and I hope Chica Banana will take us to a minaret to see all the city, and especially Neretva's green water! I also hope I will survive to the lifestyle we had in that training: sleeping 2 hours per night and drinking an industrial amount of beer! On Monday you will see if I've managed to survive or not...

That's all, folks... more details of my Bosnian life in next posts...

Now I want to share with you an excellent short film about Sarajevo recent hardest times. It is called 10 minuta (10 minutes), by Ahmed Imamović. In 2002 it won the Best Short Film Award in European Film Awards. Just watch it. (Grazie mile Matteo for telling me about the film. I miss you bastardo!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm expecting that review about Split weekend. Really want to know what happened.

Hope you spend some fantastic days in Mostar.. you deserve to have some fun after all the things that you have been living this week.

And the bridge...who knows. My pending subject.

bye darling.